Patient Media

« Monday Morning Motivation | Main | Monday Morning Motivation »

Happy Birthday! You Get the Present!

10-years.jpgOn Monday, it will have been exactly 10 years since I conveyed my half interest in the old company to my business partner to begin anew with Patient Media. Wow. Time flies.

The Small Business Administration reports that over 50% of small businesses fail in the first five years. I understand. I learned some of the most important lessons of my life during those difficult first five years as we struggled to find our voice, establish our tribe and face the cash flow issues that all new businesses struggle with. On several occasions I remember thinking that if I had known that it was going to be this difficult, I might not have sold a sure thing to start over on my own.

Of course, nothing is a sure thing. Especially these days.

We got a lot of help. A couple of critical speaking gigs exposed Patient Media to a group of new customers at a pivotal moment. A printer who came through at a particularly difficult time. And Bob Ashida, a graphics genius. Plus, an incredible support team that has included Leslyn, Sam, Mike, Maggie, Kim and Melissa. Not to mention our incredible distributors around the world, our affiliation with the Chiropractic Leadership Alliance and our chiropractors, Dr. Bill Henrie and Dr. Lou Jenik.

Thanks for being part of our 10 years of learning, loving and serving. We appreciate you more than you will ever, ever know. It’s an honor to serve beside you and we look forward to the next 10 years with even greater anticipation. After all, we’re just getting started!

Thank you. I mean it. Thank you!

Comments (1)

Tony Russo:

Thanks goes to "You," Bill. When you left Back Talk, I left with you. I knew where the innovation came from.
And you've done a great job of it. I use nothing else in my practice, but Bill Esteb-ology. So, thank "you." And here's to 10 more years.
PS: I believe (I could be wrong) it's 80% within 10 years and 80% of the remaining 20% in the next 5. I've been in practice 15 yers, so you can say I've beaten the odds.

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

From April 16, 2009 10:48 AM

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on April 16, 2009 10:48 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Monday Morning Motivation.

The next post in this blog is Monday Morning Motivation.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.